Re: AW: [jats-list] AW: Equations (MathML) within <source>

Subject: Re: AW: [jats-list] AW: Equations (MathML) within <source>
From: "Beck, Jeff (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:23:23 -0000
Franziska,

The first JATS/NLM DTD was built based on existing article models at the time
(2001-2002), and there had been no need at that time for formulae in Journal
and Book titles. This was before the <source> element had been expanded for
support things like Data Citations

Ibd argue that the content of <article-title> is different that what we
would expect in <source>, but that would really just be an academic or
philosophical exercise. If you need <inline-formula> in <source>, then please
make a request as Vincent suggested and include your example(s).

Jeff