Re: [jats-list] JATS to RDF Conversion

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS to RDF Conversion
From: "Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 08:18:24 -0000
I and some others did a little bit of work on it about two years ago now.
My impression could be summed up as bthe devil is in the detailsb. We were
trying to navigate between requiring too much purity in the semantic model
on one side (which makes the conversion very difficult) and being so loose
as to not provide good value. We had some discussions on GitHub, here:
<https://github.com/Klortho/eutils-org/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=label%3Ajats
2rdf+>, and did some work on the XSLTs, which are integrated with that
repo.

We did not get to a finished product, but if you were going to pursue it,
you might find some of the work useful.

--
Chris Maloney
NIH/NLM/NCBI (Contractor)