Re: [jats-list] [maybe OT] how do you generate JATS xml files?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] [maybe OT] how do you generate JATS xml files?
From: "Martin Kraetke, le-tex martin.kraetke@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 13:25:50 -0000
Hi Matteo,

there is a comprehensive list of tools in the JATS wiki:

http://jatswiki.org/wiki/Tools

Since most authors work in MS Word or LaTeX, I would stick to a solution where you convert JATS from these source formats as they allow you to use Math or complex tables and lists. For this purpose, we have several transpect components. They are Open Source but require additional customization and knowledge of XSLT and XProc.

Markdown and Pandoc would be convenient if you have dead simple content.

If you want to convert JATS from LaTeX, you could give LaTeXML a chance.

Kind regards,

Martin