Re: [jats-list] Entities not referenced

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Entities not referenced
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2018 16:33:11 -0000
Hi Paulin,

I noticed the same error when editing, for example, BITS-bookcustom-mixes2.ent

I thought that I can fix it by creating an oXygen project and adding BITS-book2.dtd to the master files, and by using catalog-jats-v1-1-no-base.xml as XML catalog.

When I validate the DTD and some of the .ent files, they validate Ok.

For other .ent files, I got errors like bThe entity "phrase-content.class" was referenced, but not declared.b

Switching on catalog resolution verbosity for unresolved entitites, I saw messages such as:

Could not resolve PublicID: [null] SystemID: [file:/C:/cygwin/home/gerrit/Dev/BITS-XHTML-TABLES-DTD/id%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20ID]

Without master files, these messages wonbt appear (but the entities appear undeclared nonetheless).

My impression is that oXygen has indeed implemented master file support for DTDs after https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/topic7085.html has been discussed. However, there might be a parsing issue. I suspected that it might be related to multi-line public ENTITY declarations, so I made (hopefully) all of them single-line, but it didnbt improve the situation.

So maybe the people at oXygen can obtain ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/jats/extensions/bits/2.0/BITS-XHTML-TABLES-DTD.zip, create a project, add the DTD as a master file, open BITS-bookcustom-models2.ent and see whether all entities resolve. And then set catalog verbosity to "unresolved" and see whether they also see things like 'id%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20ID' as part of the system identifier.

Your modification efforts should be safe and vindicated as long as the top-level DTD, BITS-book2.dtd, validates.

Sorry I couldnbt find out more. Ibm confident that using Relax NG customizing mechanisms will work better in oXygen, but maybe oXygen support can look into the matter before you either abandon DTD customization altogether or just ignore the .ent-level errors.

Gerrit