Re: [jats-list] BITS DTD customization

Subject: Re: [jats-list] BITS DTD customization
From: "dal dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 19:36:54 -0000
<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have followed the instructions but still get reported that there are
undeclared entities when validating the dtd module. They all occur within the
mixes override module and the module with new elements I created that use an
attribute list entity from the suite.

Any new modules should be defined in YOUR Module of Modules file.
By convention (but not necessity) that is invoked where the
other modules files are invoked. Yours first.

This is the first I have heard about new elements in this thread.
Any new elements should be defined either in their own module
or defined in YOUR models override, which must
come before the bits-models module (BITS-bookcustom-models2.ent)

You should get no errors in your mixes override module, if
you have invoked your classes module before the BITS and
JATS classes.

> Is it relevant where the element module parameter entity is invoked in the
dtd module? I thought it is only important in the part where the classes,
mixes and models are called in.

You can always try invoking your element module before
any other element modules in the DTD; I have never had to
do that, but it cannot hurt.

>> Unless you also changed a model or attribute, leave
>>   BITS-bookcustom-models2.ent
>> alone. It will use your new parameter entities for
>> para-level and p-elements, because you called them
>> in first.
>
> So if I wanted to add an attribute value to ref-types, I should include it
in a module that overrides BITS-bookcustom-models2.ent?

Yes, that is correct.

Have you turned off all doctype associations in
Oxygen and set the correct catalog?

Suggestion: if this still does not work, please send
me your files. When I unpack and do what you reported
your did, I do not see those problems.

bDebbie

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron