[jats-list] Library of Congress Data Center -- Planned Shutdown/Outage

Subject: [jats-list] Library of Congress Data Center -- Planned Shutdown/Outage
From: "Ardie Bausenbach abausenbach@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 21:59:26 -0000
This weekend the Architect of the Capitol will briefly shut down all power
to the Library of Congress data center, as it has done for the last several
years.  The Architect of the Capitol will be conducting scheduled
maintenance on the Capitol Hill campus from 7 p.m. ET, Friday, Feb. 16
through Monday, Feb. 19, requiring these power outages.  We expect our
systems to be fully functional again on Monday Feb 19, by 5pm.  Access to
the Library's catalogs (including Z39.50 functionality for bibliographic
data) will continue to be available.

Most loc.gov websites will not be accessible during this period, including
id.loc.gov, all listservs, schemas, and stylesheets.

For XML standards, we have attempted to post the schemas and stylesheets to
other locations.

For METS and ALTO, BIBFRAME, schemas and stylesheets are available on
GitHub:

https://github.com/mets/METS-schema

https://github.com/altoxml/schema

https://github.com/lcnetdev/bibframe-ontology

Others, including MARCXML, MADS, MODS, EAD and MARC, PREMIS, VRACore are in
a new GitHub repo at :

https://github.com/lcnetdev/lcstandards/

For MODS and PREMIS, some stylesheets are also in this GitHub repo :

https://github.com/LibraryOfCongress

We do encourage making local copies of all schema and xslt programs, and
using catalogs, to avoid having to validate across the web.

For more information on the outage, see https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-1
8-a05/websites-down-feb-16-19/2018-02-13/

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Ardie Bausenbach

ILS Program Office

Library of Congress