Re: [NISO jats-sc] Re: [jats-list] Feedback on#00763 Inline index terms for JATS

Subject: Re: [NISO jats-sc] Re: [jats-list] Feedback on#00763 Inline index terms for JATS
From: "dal dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 15:49:36 -0000
vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to suggest that in addition to copying the index-term model from BITS
to JATS the model can be improved by including the new optional vocab
attributes. The index-term model can be used to generate indexes linking to
specific points in an article within a particular collection of articles as
the original requestor has described. Adding the vocab attributes would allow
defined vocabularies and persistent identifiers to be included when tagging
index terms which would enable more sophisticated linking, and could
potentially enable linking and discovery across corpuses using shared
ontologies.

> Specifically, the changes to the model would be:
>
> Element <index-term> would take on attributes @vocab and @vocab-identifier.
>
> Elements <term>, <see> and <see-also> would take on the attributes @vocab,
@vocab-identifier, @vocab-term, and @vocab-term-identifier.

The element <term> already has all 4 of the vocab attributes.

I think that adding them to <see> and <see-also> is a
marvelous (and obvious) idea! Vote yes from me.

bDebbie

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron