Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Computer algorithms
From: "Mirko Janc mjanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:48:54 -0000
Formatting of algorithms, especially of pseudo-code, is not properly
addressed in JATS. In several of our 16 journals at INFORMS (Institute
for Operations Research and the Management Sciences), we have many
algorithms. Many of therm are not pure code, so monospaced font is not an
option. Authors use bold for reserved words, and very often have quite
heavy math expressions in some of the lines. In addition, many require
numbers in front of the "code" lines, use vertical "sidebars" to group
subroutines, and flush right fragments as comments. We are getting around
only by creating them as images from what was typeset.
I think this is quite a topics to be discussed and elaborated. Thanks,
Mary, for raising it.
Dr. Mirko JancChief Publishing TechnologistINFORMSmjanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
mirko.janc@xxxxxxxxx

JATS-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe (by email)