Re: [jats-list] anyone validated Wiley to JATS 1.3 archiving schema? What did you do with CoverDate and publicationMeta? Thank you

Subject: Re: [jats-list] anyone validated Wiley to JATS 1.3 archiving schema? What did you do with CoverDate and publicationMeta? Thank you
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:17:44 -0000
1) Cover Date

> <coverDate startDate="2023-05-08">May 8, 2023</coverDate>

The JATS Tag Library suggests that <pub-date> can descrber cover dates too:
      <pub-date publication-format="print" date-type="cover" ...>
But I fear this falls short in your case. Among other slight problems, this
leaves you with no way to include the start-date.

2) Publication Metadata

> <publicationMeta level="unit" type="article" position="5380"
status="forIssue">

This can be translated precisely, but verbosely. I suggest <processing-meta>
to preserve the semantics as a direct replacement for <publicationMeta>.
<processing-meta> was designed for this type of material.

It won't be pretty, but the attribute values can be captured as
<custom-meta> name/value pairs:

 <publicationMeta level="unit" type="article" position="5380"
status="forIssue">

would become:

<procssing-meta>
  <custom-meta-group>
   <custom-meta>level</meta-name>
   </custom-meta>
  </custom-meta-group>
  <custom-meta-group>
   <custom-meta>type</meta-name>
   </custom-meta>
  </custom-meta-group>
  <custom-meta-group>
   <custom-meta>position</meta-name>
   </custom-meta>
  </custom-meta-group>
  <custom-meta-group>
   <custom-meta>status</meta-name>
   </custom-meta>
  </custom-meta-group>
</processing-meta>

--Debbie

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Reaching out to brighter, more experienced b
>
> Trying to validate a Wiley article (proprietary schema) against JATS 1.3
(archiving) and wondered if anyone has ideas about what JATS element might be
a good replacement for their coverDate and publicationMeta elements.

> <coverDate startDate="2023-05-08">May 8, 2023</coverDate>
>

> <publicationMeta level="unit" type="article" position="5380"
status="forIssue">

> After updates errors reduced mistakenly thought I was close, but then
boombmany more errors hatched.

> Thank you for any ideas. Or if you too want to grr with me, that might be a
helpful vent too. p

> Best,

> Confidentiality Notice: This electronic message transmission, including any
attachment(s), may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information from CAS, a division of the American Chemical Society ("ACS"). If
you have received this transmission in error, be advised that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. Please destroy all copies of the message and contact the sender
immediately by either replying to this message or calling 614-447-3600.

> JATS-List info and archive
> EasyUnsubscribe (by email)

Deborah A Lapeyre		mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.	http://www.mulberrytech.com
Rockville, MD 20851		Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron