Re: [jats-list] front/notes (JATS) published tag set

Subject: Re: [jats-list] front/notes (JATS) published tag set
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 16:38:05 -0000
It seems to me that there is no good reason (and I for one
do not remember the original reason) for <notes> not to be multiple
and some very good reasons <notes> should be multiple, including the
new multi-lingual attributes.

In other words, this has already been decided and will be available in the
new JATS 1.4d1 (due out by the end of August, we hope) because of changes
made for adding the multi-lingual features.

How about that for responsive!

--Debbie Lapeyre

<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>

> Is there a particular reason why front/notes is restricted to zero or one,
whereas back/notes is zero or many?

> Regards
>
> Mike Eden
>

> Cambridge University Press & Assessment is the publishing and assessment
department of the University of Cambridge. The corporate title of the
University is The Chancellor, Masters, and Scholars of the University of
Cambridge. Our principal office is at Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8EA,
United Kingdom, with registered VAT number GB 823 8476 09. We are a
not-for-profit organisation and an exempt charity under the Charities Act
2011.

> Disclaimer
> This email is intended solely for the recipient and may contain confidential
information. If you have received this email in error, please let us know and
then delete the original email and any attachments. Do not use, copy or
disclose the contents of this email or any attachment. Any views or opinions
in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Cambridge, unless specifically stated.
> JATS-List info and archive
> EasyUnsubscribe (by email)

Deborah A Lapeyre		mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.	http://www.mulberrytech.com
Rockville, MD 20851		Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron