index-term is not allowed in tbx:term

Subject: index-term is not allowed in tbx:term
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 16:30:26 -0500
Hi list members (in particular the DTD authors),

I just discovered that, despite the decision that index-term be allowed in tbx:term [1], it is only allowed on tbx:termEntry, as per the 0.2 and 1.0 DTDs.

Since I was the one who brought the request to allow index-term in tbx:term forward [2], I should have checked whether the DTD (or the Comment Resolution Document mentioned there – where can I find it?) implements this decision correctly.

The current 1.0 model only allows index-term in tbx:termEntry, not in tbx:term as requested. It might be possible to extract all index entries from all tbx:langSets within a tbx:termEntry, put them below tbx:termEntry and still be able to generate an index that contains the correct page numbers, but it would have been much more adequate to just allow index-term in tbx:term.

Is there a reason for only allowing it on tbx:termEntry instead? Maybe the abovementioned Comment Resolution Document can clarify things.
If it was allowed on tbx:termEntry by mistake, can we issue an erratum?

I guess that, for the time being, I’ll either need to change the legacy XML converter or extend the 1.0 DTD that DIN uses. I also guess that DIN will opt for the former, so I’m going to adapt the XSLT.

Gerrit

[1] http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/niso_sts/download.php/17641/NISO-STS-Tech-minutes-2017-03-08.pdf p. 11, Sect. 8.1
[2] http://www.niso.org/apps/org/workgroup/niso_sts/view_comment.php?comment_id=683

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director

Geschäftsführer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vöckler