Re: [niso-sts] Where to put <long-desc>

Subject: Re: [niso-sts] Where to put <long-desc>
From: "Bruce Rosenblum bruce@xxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:53:08 -0000
Hi Denise,

long-desc is not used to describe the entire document.

long-desc is specifically meant for figures, so it should be inside the
<fig> element, and there should be one to describe each figure in the
document. Please see the example at the bottom of
http://www.niso-sts.org/TagLibrary/niso-sts-TL-1-0-html/element/long-desc.htm

long-desc can also be used to describe other objects such as tables or
media objects, but it is more frequently used for figures.

Bruce