[niso-sts] Encoding BNF semantically in STS

Subject: [niso-sts] Encoding BNF semantically in STS
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:57:09 -0000
Hi, all!

I cannot find in STS support for expressing BNF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backus%E2%80%93Naur_form content semantically.

And I cannot see any STS construct for ##other that would allow me to incorporate another XML vocabulary.

Has anyone already created a semantic vocabulary for use in named content (I'm thinking styled content is in appropriate from the get go) for BNF components?

Perhaps, some other approach has been used before by someone here?

I'm trying to help a committee that uses BNF extensively, and in their authoring it is in a structured vocabulary. With an approach in STS I can convert their authored instances into schema-valid STS and go from there.

I don't wish to reinvent the wheel if someone already has found a way to express BNF in STS and are willing to share.

If no-one has done so, I could take a stab at it.

So, looking for a pattern to follow, has any group "standardized" their <named-content> content-type= vocabulary in a way that avoids accidental re-use? I would like my use of named-content to be familiar to STS users who already might have seen other named-content use.

So far from my clients, named-content has been very ad-hoc. As are the examples in the STS documentation. And I'm not saying that is "bad" ... but if there is a pattern out there in the wild being re-used, I would like to re-use the pattern in creating my own vocabulary.

Thank you for any thoughts!

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/j/ |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @US$125 (5 hours free) |