[niso-sts] STS Viewer demo application available

Subject: [niso-sts] STS Viewer demo application available
From: "Piez, Wendell A. (Fed) wendell.piez@xxxxxxxx" <niso-sts-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2022 17:50:45 -0000
Greetings NISO STS community,

In my division at NIST, we are developing a resource potentially of interest
to readers of this list and users of NISO STS, namely a 'generic proof
preview' application for NISO STS XML:

https://pages.nist.gov/xslt-blender/sts-viewer/

The application is hosted in a web page. It offers a way for you (any user
with access to the page using an up-to-date browser) to load and preview your
STS data, without transmitting it (anywhere) - all processing is local. It
does this using a small library along with your browser's built-in XSLT 1.0
engine. Once the page and its resources are cached on your system, it also
works offline.

The STS presentation offered is intended to be a generic, unornamented,
serviceable and adaptable view, showing all STS document contents consistently
with the stated (tagged) semantics of its encoding. More importantly, all
source code is published on Github, where it may be forked and adapted by
developers and organizations who wish to customize it, either to change
look-and-feel or to extend with more features.

All feedback is welcome! Note the project goal is broader than an STS Viewer -
currently it envisions a range of client-side uses of XSLT 1.0 (a technology
you may have in your pocket) - so while we are interested in STS XML (for
publishing and other applications), we are also interested in enabling others
to support it by making the demonstration a springboard for independent
development. Other resources of interest include the Github repository
https://github.com/usnistgov/xslt-blender and demonstration portal
https://pages.nist.gov/xslt-blender. The application can be delivered by any
web server, on the open internet or in a restricted environment.

Please take a look and let us know what you think,
Wendell Piez (NIST ITL/CSD)

(PS: NIST is a Bureau of the US Department of Commerce and has no affiliation
with NISO.)