RE: Ordering Output

Subject: RE: Ordering Output
From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 1998 16:58:37 -0800
Currently, there is no easy ability to sort in the MSXSL technology preview.
This is an area that we are especially interested in, although the Working
Group has not taken up this subject yet.  I hope that XSL will include a
simple sorting mechanism by the time we're finished.

Right now, you could get the behavior only by escaping to script, using the
XML Object Model to walk the tree, and writing your own sorting function,
then inserting the result as text (including tags).  This is a pretty gross
hack, but it may allow you to continue with your exploration of XSL.  I have
used this to work around many of the missing features of MSXSL.

Jonathan Marsh
phone   425.703.4591
 <mailto:jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> jmarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx