Syntax for calling an XSL script function

Subject: Syntax for calling an XSL script function
From: "Amit" <Amitr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 20:06:32 +0530
Hello All,

I am not being able to call an XSL script (defined within the XSL file)
from within an XSL construction rule. IE4 throws a scripting error at the
point I make the script call.

I'm including the code snippets to explain my problem :-

I have one scripting function :-

  <define-script><![CDATA[
     function uniqueID(e) {
      return tagName + formatNumberList(path(this), "1", "_");
    }
  ]]></define-script>

And I have another scripting function :-

   <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JSCRIPT"><![CDATA[
          function hiLite(e) {
            if (e.style.backgroundColor != 'yellow')
              e.style.backgroundColor = 'yellow';
            else
              e.style.backgroundColor = 'white';
          }
    ]]></SCRIPT>

And a construction rule:-

  <rule>
    <target-element type="item"/>
    <DIV id='=uniqueID(this)'
         onClick='="hiLite("+ uniqueID(this) + ")"'>
      <children/>
    </DIV>
  </rule>

Now, within the above construction rule I am calling
the hiLite() scripting function.

But the hiLite() function does not get called when running the XSL which
embeds this code. IE4 throws a scripting error.!!!!

	Am I wrong in my syntax of calling the scripting function?

	Thanx in advance,

						Regards,
						AMIT.