Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?

Subject: Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?
From: "Frank Boumphrey" <bckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 13:48:37 -0400
.Do have a look at SAXON:
>http://home.iclweb.com/icl2/mhkay/saxon.html

Thanks I will.

Incidently I just used the msxml parser to create DIV and SPAN flow objects,
and then wrote a seperate CSS style sheet by hand!!

One of the points I was trying to make is that the msxml parser came with
simple instructions for use that did not presume a familiarity with any
programming language. It took me less than 5 minutes to produce my first
output!!

By contrast I am still struggling with JADE because I can't figure out the
commands, and can't find a place where they are clearly explained. As soon
as I do figure them out i will try and write an easy guide.

Most software fails to catch on because the average user can't figure out
how to use it, not because the it is bad!!

I had been strugling with JADE on and off for about 100 hrs because I needed
a parser to teach a course (In fact in the end I had to write my own parser
which was MUCH quicker for me to do!!). How many other people are prepared
to put in this ammount time to understand a technology? Very, very, few!!
JADE presumably is easy to understand for people from a certain programming
back ground, but with my background of Assembly, C and VB I don't find it
easy.

I am at present learning JAVA so will enjoy trying to work out SAXON!!

Frank