Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?

Subject: Re: XML + (XSL | CSS) ?
From: Chris Lilley <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 21:24:16 +0200
Lisa Pease wrote:

> XSL works in large part already via the msxsl control and processor.

I guess I should point out that the current documentation for XSL is a
NOTE, not yet a working draft, and that msxsl does not implement *any*
of the actual flow objects in that note.

Yes, XSL is way cool. But it isn't scheduled to be a Recommendation
until July 1999 (current estimate), there is no up to date public
specification at this point (due July 1998), and even the the old XSL
note has not been implemented fully yet. Although actually the xslj
implementation, together with Jade, is pretty good if you want static
printed output.

> HTML 4.0 and CSS1 aren't even fully implemented in the browsers. How long
> will it be before the CSS2 recommendation is implemented in full?

In full? Don't know. Currently around 50% of CSS2 is already implemented
in major browsers and the rest has been implemented in assorted testbeds
and proofs of concept.

--
Chris