Re: XML Rendering Engine API

Subject: Re: XML Rendering Engine API
From: Rich Lander <relander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 08:42:38 -0400
 Hello,

I'm unclear on a few points, which I will try and clarify, or have clarified.

I read that Microsoft is going to support XSL in IE and that Netscape will support CSS2. Does that mean that their stuborness to support the same standard, or what will become a standard, will force us to distribute documents with multiple
stylesheets (XSL, CSS2)?

Does that also mean that IE will be shipping with an
'idea' of XSL, based on a July 1998 draft, whereas Netscape will have the advantage of shipping with an early 1998 recommendation? It seems to me that Netscape will have an advantage until July 1999, the proposed final due date of XSL.

Either way, I look forward to the XSL spec and to using CSS2.

Richard.