RE: Interactive XML

Subject: RE: Interactive XML
From: JLemire@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:28:28 -0700
I believe Microsoft's implementation for Win32 platforms is...

try looking at http://www.microsoft.com/scripting for their JScript engine
component and samples of how to build an application to host it (or any
other script engine written to their script engine interface).  Their
JScript engine supports a superset of ECMAScript with nice extensions like
exception handling.  I haven't ever written an application that host script
engines written to their interface but from what I've read it's easy for the
host to inject objects into the engines namespace and easy to switch engines
if you decide you don't like the script language.  They have JScript and
vbscript and third parties have built perl, python, rexx, tcl...