Re: Repost: Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?

Subject: Re: Repost: Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?
From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Jul 1998 18:43:22 +0200

  > I think the SGML/XML world could do with a whole bunch of standard
  > DTDs for Scientific Publishing, Contracts, Memoranda etc. etc. that
  > unashamedly specify their display sematics. Then users of SGML/XML
  > could piggy-back on these back-ends by doing SGML-SGML transformations.

Exactly.  The whole thing was a bit fuzzy in my mind, but now I think
I understand it much better.  Thanks to everyone who replied.

I strongly support this idea of having standard DTDs with pre-defined
layouts.  In fact, we already have one standard DTD with a pre-defined
layout: HTML.

kai
--
You ate somebody? -- Just a leg. -- That's terrible! -- Not with mustard.
(Terry Pratchett: Interesting Times)