kudos!

Subject: kudos!
From: Scott Lawton <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 14:39:00 -0400
Chris Lilley pointed out that it would be helpful to hear about XSL
features we like and why.  That seemed like a good opening for someone new
to the list, so, among many nice features, here are a few that jumped out
at me as cool, brilliant and/or just plain very useful.

- use of namespaces
- graceful degradation on errors ("may signal an error, if not, must ...")
- 2.4.2.1 stylesheets may specify which attributes in the source document
should be treated as IDs
- 2.6.9 positional qualifiers: first-of-type() et al
- 2.7.7 xsl:for-each element
- 2.7.9 digit-group-sep, n-digits-per-group

No slight intended regarding the hard work done on Section 3; I've only had
a chance to skim it.

Scott