Re: 2.6 patterns: let's try variations on the XML syntax

Subject: Re: 2.6 patterns: let's try variations on the XML syntax
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 10:53:00 +0800
At 9:16 AM +0800 27/8/98, Chris von See wrote:
>My past personal experience has been that there isn't necessarily a
>divergence between simplicity and power
I agree.

I've had several years experience with code generators, and designing
application framework API's. In general, an API that's clean and easy to
code to by hand has two important benefits that lead to much quicker
turnaround in developing the tools.
- it simplifies the complexity of the generator
- it is VASTLY easier to debug the output of the generator.

I would want to see a VERY convincing argument that justified increased
complexity in XSL. I'm already struggling a little bit in coming to terms
with the model (admittedly I've given myself a very short time-frame in
which to do so).

Andy Dent, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html