Re: CSS + behavior vs. XSL (was: EcmaScript, gone?)

Subject: Re: CSS + behavior vs. XSL (was: EcmaScript, gone?)
From: Daniel Glazman <Daniel.Glazman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 17:35:04 +0100
Paul Prescod wrote:

> W3C members have nothing to do with this "long term strategy."

Glargggl (french onomatopoeia expressing shock and breathlessness...)

I thought, due to my terrible ignorance, that XML XSL XLL and others were
handled by W3C working groups and that W3C working groups are created by
a vote of the members of the W3C. I even thought that W3C members can say
no to a proposed recommandation saying "drop it and drop all work on this
item". God, I even believed that w3c members pay for that and that w3c does
AC meetings so w3c members can directly express their opinions.

But maybe all the requests for votes I keep in my w3c folder are
just a dream and maybe the "no" answer we issued once is just an
hallucination :-) If my memory is good enough, I even saw a MS "no"
on SMIL...

> Either way, you can do what you need to do through scripting.

BTW and FYI, we are not doing what will be able to do XSL through scripting.
We're about *now* to do the same *without* any line of scripting.

> Everything I touch turns into Python.

Well, Midas did the same with gold...

</Daniel>