[2.4.2] : Element Nodes - Original Markup Preservation

Subject: [2.4.2] : Element Nodes - Original Markup Preservation
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:26:32 -0400
A common process I need to perform on information involves the preservation
of the original markup used in a source document, while tweaking small
portions of the document that are significant to the process I'm performing.

In 2.4.2 (third paragraph) the terms "expanded" and "resolved" are used,
but not defined (though I'm pretty sure I can guess what they mean).

It does not explicitly say in the specification that in so processing
element content whether the original presence of references to internal
entities, external entities and character references is somehow preserved
for later special processing.  I'm assuming to such information is required
to be maintained.

Is the XSL group considering including features in the specification to
support the preservation of source document markup in an result document?

--
G. Ken Holman               mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/