Re: multiple Formatting namespaces.

Subject: Re: multiple Formatting namespaces.
From: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Henry S. Thompson)
Date: 14 Sep 1998 16:39:31 +0100
Frank Beckman and James Tauber raise the question of multiple result
namespaces.

At present there is no provision for the result tree to have more than
one namespace prefix.  For non-formatting-object result trees, I see
no reason in principle why this could not be possible.  The
recommendation would have to change to make result-ns be NMTOKENS
instead of NMTOKEN.

BUT, I don't think mixing anything with the formatting objects defined
in the recommendation is a good idea.  Or rather, the only safe place
for this is inside an fo:graphic with inline='true' and the
graphic-notation-id set appropriately.  This is my interpretation of
that bit of the recommendation, not necessarily the editor's intent.

ht
	    Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx