Re: XSL Trans

Subject: Re: XSL Trans
From: Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:46:52 -0500
Ed Nixon wrote:

> Somewhat related, I guess the only concern I would have about leaving the
> formatting part until later is that the pioneering vendors of things like
> authoring software are either left high-and-dry or to their own devices when it
> comes to how their documents look.

I'm not really proposing that the style language be delayed. There is
evidence that parallel development is already occurring, so I'm saying
that if we make that explicit, we can probably get both specs. out the
door faster. After all, there are many formatting experts in the world who
have know particular experience with transformations and vice versa. A
separation would allow people to concentrate on their strengths.

It's such a
Bore
Being always
Poor