Re: Attribute Value Templates?

Subject: Re: Attribute Value Templates?
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 08:30:00 +0700
Tyler Baker wrote:

> In section 2.7.11.3 of the most recent XSL spec:
>
> "In an attribute value that is interpreted as an attribute value
> template, such as an attribute of a literal result element, string
> expressions can be used by surrounding the string expression with curly
> braces ({}). The attribute value template is instantiated by replacing
> the string expression together with surrounding curly braces by the
> value of the string expression."
>
> It does not say anything about where attribute value templates can occur
>
> other than in a literal result element as far as I can see.

In each case where an attribute value template is allowed, the spec says
so explicitly.

The complete list of cases where it is currently allowed is:

- literal attributes of literal result elements

- number to string conversion attributes on xsl:number

- value attribute of xsl:arg

- default attribute of xsl:macro-arg

- value attribute of xsl:define-constant

James