Re: Re unterminated HTML (was XSL: xt question)

Subject: Re: Re unterminated HTML (was XSL: xt question)
From: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liamquin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 02:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, G. Ken Holman wrote:

> I had tried this as well way back when, but XT properly does not
> distinguish between <BR></BR> and <BR/>,

According to the XML specification, there _is_ no difference.
An XML processor is in no way obliged to pass <BR/> back to the
application in some manner that is different from <BR><BR/>.

XML does not _forbid_ the behaviour you want either.

Lee

--
Liam Quin, GroveWare Inc., Toronto;  The barefoot agitator
l i a m q u i n     at    i n t e r l o g    dot   c o m