RE: Why transformation?

Subject: RE: Why transformation?
From: Ed Nixon <ed.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:43:23 -0400
Here's a basic answer that reflects my basic understanding:

* XSL currently can 'down-transform' XML into HTML a practical necessity given
current browser capabilities if one is working with XML (or interoperably
structured SGML) documents.
* XSL as a styling mechanism, to the best of my knowledge, has not yet been
implemented; therefore CSS is the style definition and rendition method of
choice.
* XSL has selection, filtering and reordering capabilities that allow different
'views' or differently 'purposed' versions of information to be generated from
the same base document.

These are off the top of my head. I'd be interested in others' list items.
               Regards.             ...edN