RE: Hyperlinks and XSL

Subject: RE: Hyperlinks and XSL
From: Ed Nixon <ed.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:45:01 -0400
There is probably a more elegant, but more-or-less 'theoretical' (read
unimplemented) way of doing this but...let's get the ball rolling:

<xsl:template match="image">
     <fo:block>
	<xsl:text>&lt;a href="</xsl:text>
		<xsl:process-children/>
	<xsl:text>"&gt;</xsl:text>
		<xsl:process-children/>
	<xsl:text>&lt;/a&gt;<xsl:text>
      </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

Just from memory with absolutely no guarantees. The entities for less-than and
greater-than may or may not be necessary; I'm not familiar with the proposal
sufficiently to say. You might want to tart up the colour or font-style within
the 'fo:block' to make the link stand out. There is probably a way to insert
the actual text value for the gif file using an XSL operator, but I don't have
that at my finger tips. This is, of course, an HTML link and not a XLink you're
trying to create, right? If you want to look at a pretty wide selection of
functioning (mostly) XML/XSL code go get the software at http://www.indelv.com.

Cheers.			...edN