valid HTML via XT/XP and a ns statement in the stylesheet tag

Subject: valid HTML via XT/XP and a ns statement in the stylesheet tag
From: Ed Nixon <ed.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:07:19 -0400
James Clark posted some name-space syntax a month or so ago that, when inserted
into the xml:stylesheet begin tag, generated a valid HTML document. My
apologies but could someone please pass that along to me again. I'm trying what
I think I remember in a small example with the latest version of XT and I'm
getting name-space syntax inserted into the html tag rather than a DOCTYPE
statement. For example here is one thing I've tried (unsuccessfully):

Given:
<collection>
        <a>aaa</a>
        <b>bbb</b>
        <c>ccc</c>
</collection>

and further given:

<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl";
	xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/";
    result-ns=""

<xsl:template match="/">
		<xsl:process-children/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="collection">
        <xsl:process select="b"/>
        <xsl:process select="a"/>
        <xsl:process select="c"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

I get:

[Incidentally, the XT output contains no line breaks.] Obviously, this does not
validate.

You'll probably recognize some aspects of the example from another thread
running on this list.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.				...edN