RE: alternatives to XSL (was RE: Microsoft extensions)

Subject: RE: alternatives to XSL (was RE: Microsoft extensions)
From: "Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:45:18 -0500
> Other than OmniMark's (at $60K, I'll create my own thank you), what tools
> exist to transform XML to HTML?

Hmm. Let me see.

Commercially, Balise, DynaWeb, DynaBase, and a number of
Java XML tools.

Freely, Jade, Cost, and a number of XML servlets. Linux uses XML/SGML
for their documentation, and they produce HTML, TexInfo etc. from that.

There are a few web sites dedicated to listing these tools BTW.

Also, I think 60k is reasonable, once you consider development and
maintenance costs. Taken all together, your quick hack is probably more
expensive.