Re: XSL in IE 5.0, or is it?

Subject: Re: XSL in IE 5.0, or is it?
From: clilley <chris@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:48:00 -0600

James Tauber wrote:

> Someone said
> >Is Microsoft simply going off on their own? If so, are they likely to
> >come back to the fold before final release of IE 5.0?  Or do they know
> >something about future directions of XSL within the W3C that I don't?

> I would guess that IE5 implements things that have been worked out within
> the XSL working group but not put into a public draft yet.

Certainly that is the case with some aspects of IE5b2, such as the
absence of process-children.

But I was really surprised to see, in the XSL stylesheet distributed
with the XML98 conference proceedings, an xsl:script element with
Javascript in there.

So in answer to the original query - probably a bit of both, and yes
lets hope that the final IE5 release is fully conformant, with any
proprietary extensions clearly marked out as such by being in a
different, non-xsl namespace.

--
Chris