Re: Stepping back, for a moment...

Subject: Re: Stepping back, for a moment...
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:20:19 +0200
David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> But assuming we do want the w3 organization to resolve this, what's
>> the alternative [to taking a vote]?
>
>Just ask them nicely? :-)

OK, let's think of the survey as a way to collect signatures for a polite
request to address the issues (of course, considering just the people who
vote that the w3 organization should take action).

>...  Perhaps a
>majority will vote one way or the other but since it is not clear what
>it is a majority _of_ I would not know how to interpret the results.

It will be a majority of the people who are interested enough with XSL to
subscribe to this mailing list and care enough about it to send their votes.
Presumably the opinion of such a group of people is significant.

Oren.