RE: why split? [was RE: XSL intent survey]

Subject: RE: why split? [was RE: XSL intent survey]
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:55:09 -0500
Hi,

So let me try to understand your point. Why do you need a proxy and not a
server based interpreter?

A) is it because your server deserve several sub nets and you want to off
load the server by having a proxy server on each net?
b) your main target is Modzilla and actually there is no mechanisms (already
completed) to add a XSL processor to the browser and therefore your solution
is to add a proxy to the browser?
c) you want to cache and pre-translate XML documents into, let's say, HTML?

Your answer could help us understand your pre-requisites

cheers

Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com