Re: Stepping back, part two...

Subject: Re: Stepping back, part two...
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 15:13:54 +0800
>It comes as a great suprise to me that XSL is a print and not Web driven
>style language, and if this is the W3Cs stated intent, they'd do well to
>let the Web development community know.

Well, look at the following design principles from the XSL WD:

* XSL should support browsing, printing, and interactive editing and design
tools
* XSL should be capable of specifying presentations for traditional and Web
environments
* XSL should provide the formatting functionality of at least DSSSL and CSS

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net