Re: An XSL SAX?

Subject: Re: An XSL SAX?
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 06:27:52 +0800
James Tauber wrote
>If you just represent the XSL result tree as XML (as XSL
>engines like XT and Koala do) you can just use a SAX parser to read the XML.

>This is what FOP does. ...
>    >Andy Example</fo:block>
>
>and FOP has an event handler for block objects, etc.

Ahh!

I thought something like that would be the answer but I needed a real
example to explain why the majority of engines output XML from XSL.

Sadly it won't help us as we need to process without relying on Java and
have stronger formatting needs than current XSL engines provide :-( I
haven't seen any change to the layout model mentioned since the August
draft so I assume it's going to be well into 1999 before things like tables
are covered.
Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html
In SF for Macworld Jan 1st-9th 1999, at the AppMaker stand in DevDepot