Re: syntax feedback

Subject: Re: syntax feedback
From: Andy Dent <dent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:17:03 +0800
James Tauber wrote
>What are we supposed to do about serious print applications?
Isn't this the province of DSSL?

XSL seems so weak in its support for printing at present I assume that this
goal had been implicitly dropped.

What's so wrong with DSSL for complex printing? I don't see the motivation
for tools to be developed to handle anything significantly dumbed down from
DSSL and the presence of JADE means there's a strong base on which people
can develop tools like your FOP PDF.
Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.highway1.com.au/adsoftware/crossplatform.html
In SF for Macworld Jan 1st-9th 1999, at the AppMaker stand in DevDepot