RE: More entity confusion and my opinion on the right way

Subject: RE: More entity confusion and my opinion on the right way
From: "Pawson, David" <DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 08:16:52 -0000
Ken Holman gives us (yet another) nice example in use.

 greeting.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml:stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="greeting.xsl"?>

Could I support Andrews position of confusion by proffering an
idiots view.

The simple, I want statement,  goes something like:

'show me how to get from either the XML file (source document usage)
or stylesheet introduced entity usage, without having to repeatedly
look out the magic numbers.'

What entity definitions should I use to keep it simple?
Can I use the same definitions in both my style sheet
and source document?

given
	<!ENTITY igrave CDATA "&#236;">
can I then use this with its (relatively) meaningful &igrave; rather
than the &#236;

At least we then might have a consistant process to follow, rather
than meeting the confusion Andrew so graphically demonstrates.

I accept Chris M's explanation, but stand back from it as one
who never will think to such depths.

If XSL is meant more for the idiots such as myself, then KISS
is a good approach.

my two penneth, DaveP