Help extending Java environment for filters

Subject: Help extending Java environment for filters
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:58:06 -0500
Hello all!  Not knowing much about Java, I need help running James'
demonstration of the experimental implementation of filters.  I'm wondering
if I can implement my post process using a filter on the result tree (since
essentially that is what I'm doing in DSSSL).

I'm currently using:

jre -cp "%jclark%xt.jar;%jclark%sax.jar;%jclark%xp.jar"
com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver %1 %2 %3

... with my environment variable set as:

SET JCLARK=p:\jclark\

and it's not finding the java source file:

P:\jclark\demo>xsl regexp.xml regexp.xsl t:\j t
Symantec Java! JustInTime Compiler Version 3.00.029(i) for JDK 1.1.x
Copyright (C) 1996-98 Symantec Corporation

file:/P:/jclark/demo/regexp.xsl:4: could not find class "Regexp"

I then changed the invocation to include the classpath directory in which
the ".java" file is found, but that didn't work either.

Can anyone share a filter example illustrating the manipulation of nodes?
I need to examine and discard nodes from a result tree I pass to the filter.

Thanks!

--
G. Ken Holman         mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/