Re: article segments

Subject: Re: article segments
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:44:03 +0000
Hi.

Yes there is, and I've used this to modularise XSL until MS impliment
import and constants etc.

Anyhow, simply change your XSL file to an ASP file from say myFile.xsl to
myFile_xsl.asp is the convention I use, otherwise I quickly get confused.

If you get any problems with the file getting recognised due to incorrect
mime-type place...

<% Response.ContentType = "text/xml" %>

...At the top of the page, althouhg in practice I haven't needed that. Then
 you can simply pass in your parameters and grab them...

<%= Request("myParm") %>

... I am actualy using this more for generating my XML than in XSL where I
only really use it to cascade style specs throughout the site. So for
instance in one
particular file I have...

<column side="<%= Request('side') %>" present="<%= Request('present') %>"
width="<%= Request('width') %>">
     <label><%= Request('label') %></label>

I think all this hacking with ASP is likely to disappear in the end but
until everything pans out I'm finding ASP goo for workarounds, especialy in
 the area
of linking.

Good luck.

     Guy.