Re: Fw: Match pattern

Subject: Re: Fw: Match pattern
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 16:55:45 +0700
Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:

> The pattern match="*[SomeElement]" does work, while match=".[SomeElement]"
> doesn't, at least in my version of XT. Thanks for everyone who replied.
>
> It still seems to me as though "./SomeElement" should be a valid match
> pattern, since I can't find a restriction of match petterns to absolute
> patterns.

The XT documentation says:

  Limitations

  The following XSL features are not yet implemented:

     xsl:id

     xsl:attribute-set and xsl:use

     ., .., ancestor(pattern), ancestor-or-self(pattern), id(pattern) in
match           patterns (they are implemented in select patterns)

XT doesn't implement "." in match patterns it because it's useless and
confusing (it's an open issue whether it will be allowed in XSL in the
future).

James