RE: Namespaces and IE5b2

Subject: RE: Namespaces and IE5b2
From: john.markor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:15:58 -0800
But, unless I'm missing something rather elementary here, by requiring the
attribute to be #FIXED, you are limiting the namespace to a single
namespace.  That defeats the purpose of the namespace, whereby you can take
a document description from one source and add content to it from another.
Can you give me an example of how to declare a namespace in an XML DTD using
a fixed attribute?

By having the attribute set to #REQUIRED, you still have to have a namespace
given on the HTML tag - you just don't have to declare the namespace in the
DTD.