RE: inconsistencies between XSL and XLL

Subject: RE: inconsistencies between XSL and XLL
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 10:18:32 -0500
Hi Chris,

<you said>
It may be useful to read the XLink design principles [3].

In general though, having just gone looking for references to back up
what I already understand, I agree that, without already knowing the
answer, it is difficult to find it ;-)

<Reply>
You are right, now that I get the point you mentionned in mind, I catch
different things that I couln't at reading the specs without that context.
Maybe, it would be useful to briefly state this context so that we know that
PIs are not considered content and therefore not part of the name space.
Otherwise, we would make the inference that PIs would be part of the xml
name space not because of content/noncontent reasons but ownership reasons
 a part-of relationship instead of a is-a-content-of relationship). So just
to expose explicitely the underlying model. This would prevent some
confusion.

Thanx for your helpful comments Chris.
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx