Re: About the style processing instruction

Subject: Re: About the style processing instruction
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 16:04:42 -0500 (EST)
[Paul Fidler]
> A browser will look for a Link/pi with media="print" when the user
> hits the print button, and the stylesheet (lets say its an xsl
> stylesheet with some <fo:*> like formatting objects for now) will
> produce lots of <fo:footnote> elements instead of <fo:inline-link>
> elements.

But what if I have some print and some on-line rules in the same
stylesheet?  Surely not unthinkable, since most properties will be the
same for both media.  This is why CSS provides the @media rules *in*
the stylesheet, and why XSL has an open issue about how best to
provide this functionality.  Don't re-invent the wheel.

-Chris