RE: SGML output from XSL?

Subject: RE: SGML output from XSL?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:43:33 -0500
Hi Paul

<YourComment>
In the abstract XSL always creates a well-formed document but the spec.
leaves open the possibility that an actual get-your-hands-dirty
implementation could generate whatever it needed: non XML SGML (i.e.
HTML), binary goo or whatever. See the NOTE in teh middel of 2.2 .
</YourCOmment>

<Reply>
Thanx Paul, Happy that someone did his homework's. This is exactly the
paragraph I was referring to. After having read James note on name spaces
(Thanx James for your pragmatic mind) Then all tags included between the
"xsl:template" constructs would be appended with the xmlns value. If I have
a non-validating XSL processor no problem I just parse the expressions as
long as they have a begin and end tag (Implied premises: only well formed
construct accepted) but if I have a validating parser I may have to get the
name space definition to verify the names ownership. So far so good for XML
based construct. But paragraph 2.2 opens the door to possible alternatives.
So, I don't know to what extent I can implement these alternatives. Where
are the boundaries? A guess a note is needed for this section too.
</Reply>

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx