Question

Subject: Question
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:12:48 -0600
I have data like this:

<CLASS>
  <METHOD name="foo">...</METHOD>
  <METHOD name="bar">...</METHOD>
  <METHOD name="baz">...</METHOD>
  <METHOD name="jaz">...</METHOD>
<DESCRIPTION><METHODREF name="foo"/> is very fooey</DESCRIPTION>
</CLASS>

"foo" is not a globally unique id. I know that it will be unique in the
CLASS however. What I need is to do something like this:

<xsl:template match="METHODREF">
   <xsl:value-of select="ancestor(CLASS)/METHOD[@name=***]">
</xsl:template>

The problem is that at the point of the *** I've lost the context of the
METHODREF and don't have a way to get its @name anymore.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did,
but she did it backwards and in high heels."
                                               --Faith Whittlesey