RE: Question

Subject: RE: Question
From: Mike Dierken <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:36:22 -0800
Paul,
I have also found this to be a problem.
I believe this is conceptually equivalent to a join in traditional
databases.
I feel that a 'context()' method might help in this situation. This
'context()' method would give you access to the DOM node that the current
action was being evaluated against. Access to the node gives you a richer
set of comparisons and data than variables.
I'm currently researching an implementation of this (with the DataChannel
Java based XSL processor) and I had intended to talk with the WG directly,
but your message popped up & I thought I would respond rather than wait.

Mike D
DataChannel