Re: Venting

Subject: Re: Venting
From: "Rick Ross" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:25:32 -0500
Peace on Earth, goodwill to men :)

We're encountering a pitfall that seems more the norm than the exception on
listservs - people are drawing lines in the sand rather than engaging in
rich dialog and exploring an important issue about which people have
well-formed and significantly differing viewpoint.

I was really glad to read Guy's point of view, and I suspect that the
differing positions are less mutually exclusive than they may appear at
first glance. We need for a quality exposition of the meaningful points at
issue to ensue, not confrontation or frustration.

XSL has a very bright future - but it must thrive in a marketplace, not just
in technology discussions. It is in ALL of our best interests for this
conversation to lead to an outstanding result. I urge us to continue a
quality discussion on the subject of separating the pieces without
destroying their linkage.

Let's specifically avoid a jihad!

Rick

Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK lets sacrafice XSL on the alter of marketing spin so you can describe
> your product as 100% XSL compliant.
>
> As a developer however, excuse me if I don't like the idea.
>
> Cheers
>      Guy.
begin:vcard
n:Ross;Rick
tel;fax:(212) 896-8222
tel;work:(212) 896-8220
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Activated Intelligence
adr:;;100 Park Avenue;New York;NY;10017;US
version:2.1
email;internet:rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:President
note:Java Lobby - http://www.javalobby.org